Upcoming Nature Events
- Stewart on KING 5 TV finding Camp Long’s Salamanders for reporter Dan Cassuto, for some school kids, and for KING 5’s viewers, and teaching about them!
- Could we build a movement to stop total commercialization of the planet from destroying the last CULTURES of first peoples in the world, along with the last, richest, remaining natural habitats in the world they have long been the best stewards of?
- Help Preserve our Natural Heritage, While Learning the Most Strategic Techniques to Protect Local Species that Have Declined
- “Learn the Mosses our Wildflowers Thrive in” Program Adds New Stewardship Element to “Stewardship Adventures”
- See my article: Return of the Phantom Orchid (to Lincoln Park)
Category Archives: nature outings
While almost everyone is familiar with lizards, many are not familiar with the amphibians that are roughly the same shape as a lizard, with skin like a frog. These are the salamanders. Why are they not more familiar to us? … Continue reading
Join Stewart for one or more fun and inspiring stewardship adventures in nature! Owl Prowl – Shoreline – Hamlin Park Join enthusiastic and knowledgeable naturalist Stewart Wechsler on an owling adventure at Shoreline’s Hamlin Park’s unique Western White Pine forest! … Continue reading
In January, more than 50 intrepid and curious folks came out on a nature walk with me to see the owls at Seattle’s Lincoln Park. All who attended got good views of one of Lincoln’s Barred Owls (a treat that is never … Continue reading
Join Stewart for one or more fun and inspiring stewardship adventures in nature this month! Start the New Year with a Hoot! Join enthusiastic and knowledgeable naturalist Stewart Wechsler on an owling adventure at Seattle’s Lincoln Park! Will the Barred … Continue reading